Thursday, May 08, 2008

Hello :)


How about I just pretend I've been here every day for last, um so many, months?

I have been stitching, but not a lot, since I've joined Stampin' Up (loving it!), I've been doing a lot more cards and scapbooking. But, you'll never catch me watching TV in the evening without stitching in my hand! (... of course, I work 3 evenings, have workshops and meetings ... which = not as many evenings in front of the TV as I'd like!). I can't say anything is particular grabbing me right now though, I think I've lost that stitching mojo for quite a while now.

Anyway, I DO have an update :) ... because I can't "just" sit, and because I've always admitted to being a stitcher who just enjoys the de-stressing process, I've been stitching on Faery Tales. I've just finished page 2! (well not *the* page 2, but a whole second page of stitching). When I started this, I started it about 3 times, the fabric was wrong the first couple of times, then I started and realised I had the fabric the wrong way ... so when I finally started it, again, I started on page 2 - I just couldn't bear to re-start page 1.

So this is page 2 and page 8 (I think) - I think I'll work on page 1 and 3 at the same time next.

AND ... there are 40 pages ... I wrote down the date on the chart when I started page 8 - it says 12 October 2007. That is seven months to stitch one page, x 40 pages - well, you do the math - it could be a LONG time before this one is finished! LOL

Funny enough though, I'm really enjoying stitching it - I am definitely in a rhythm with the colour changes and the one over one.

So, enough chatting - here is the updated picture -



... and because I was taking photos this morning to try and do something for my Mother and MIL for Mother's Day this Sunday - here is an updated picture of the kids ... yep, they've grown!!


Now, if I'm really good ... I'll try and update my stitching once a week or so, we'll see - no promises!

11 comments:

Miriam Pauline said...

YAY! You're back! Thanks for the update. Glad to hear things are going well with Stampin' Up. Your kids are gorgeous, as always. Don't be a stranger.

Rowyn said...

Welcome back Lisa. Wow, Faery Tales is looking fantastic!

Margaret said...

Hooray! Welocome back. Gorgeous kids. Gorgeous stitching. I'm glad SU is going so well. We're sort of catching up with mounting all the stamp sets I've ordered over the last year. Dh is actually the expert stamper in our family. It's a wonderful creative outlet for him! We've discovered the jumbo stampin' wheels and are having great fun.

Deb said...

Oh my gosh...look at the kids!! I would not have recognised Cam and Josh. Looks like these cold autumn days have been enough to send both of us back to our blogs lol

Carla said...

HEY!!!!!!!! Glad to hear things are going well, and Stampin Up does take up a lot of time (my sis does that and I love her cards).

Boy did those kids grow up! Where is the time going?

Kathryn in NZ said...

Lovely to see you back! I'll ask the Evil Gym Mom standard question: how's the girls gym going?
Lovely stitching, BTW

Andie said...

Great to see you back again :) Wow your over 1 project looks great! I was thinking of you the other day when we were watching the cricket and thought of your son when the young whiz kid was on :) Hope to see you more!

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Great to see an update! I can NOT believe how big the kids have gotten. *sniff* Lets see some pics of the stampin!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Faery Tales is looking wonderful, this is something that I just had to have, and have made a meagre start on it.

Katla said...

Bravo! Lisa's back!
Great update on everything. The kids sure have grown.

margaret said...

OH MY GAWSH they are all getting so big !!