Tuesday, May 15, 2007

All about me :)

Sooooo where did this blogger disappear to? Not anywhere really, but a mixture of being busy, personal stuff going on just made me lose my blogging mojo (and stitching mojo a bit too).

I think I bored you with all my DH's work dramas nearly a year ago, and how he'd found his perfect job etc etc ... well for the last few months there were obvious problems, very obvious as I was doing the accounts. As of a few days ago the fanchise he worked for went into liquidation, a couple of weeks ago the franchise head office came in, thought they could sort it and would step in and take over that particular francise, but at the last minute (and very last minute) decided to pull out completely. Which of course left DH with no job. Also no pay for that fortnight he was owed pay for, no notice, nothing - nada nada nothing. Good news is that Head Office really like him and definitely didn't want to lose him, so within a couple of days DH had the same job, same deal (nearly) in Palmerston North. Of course, the missed pay wasn't their responsibility though.

Anyway - we are fine, very fine - but for me anyway, I've definitely been emotionally drained - this was going to be OUR year and so far it's been a continual emotional roller coaster - I didn't say much at the time, but at the beginning of the year I had a very early miscarriage and was emotionally drained for a little while then (probably longer than I care to admit even to myself), just as life was looking up, this happened. Let's just say life can only get better!

In other newsy news ...

I've had my first Stampin' Up workshop and it went well - I was a nervous wreck, but it went fine and the friends I invited all seemed to enjoy themselves, and I have a couple of bookings from that first one, so hopefully business is nearly ready to roll :) I'm going to set myself up another blog that is just for my stamping - when I get time! LOL

I've had my first School Trustees meeting and it went okay - I'm still not sure I know what I'm doing, but am going on a couple of courses over the next month or two - so that should help, I'll learn as I go - I'm definitely looking at this as a way of leaving my comfort zone and learning and educating myself :)

Stitchingwise - I did indeed finish Sampler Gameboard but have given it to Katrina to show at her annual exhibition ... and never took a photo of it, I will do when it comes back. I finished LHN "The Rose in the Morning" last night and then started a canvas - not something I've really done before but I've had the kit for a long time and for some reason I'm quite bored with my crosses lately, so it was nice to pick up something and feel a bit of the old excitement at starting something new. Pictures later ...

One of my big goals this year was to start painting the inside of our house - about a week ago I finally got stuck in and have managed to scrub down the toilet walls - and haven't had time to get in there since! I'm hoping to over the next week or so though ... I can't wait to get to the changing colour, exciting part - the cleaning and sanding is okay, I feel quite empowered ;) ... but definitely not the fun part.

The kids are all good - we've hit soccer season so our Saturdays are madness, gym competitions start to roll this weekend as well - so that's more weekend busyiness! This weekend however, I'm going on a quilting retreat! ... I *think* I'm looking forward to it - its a bit of a last minute fill in for someone else who can't make it, so I have a little bit of prep work to do before I leave, not mention I don't have any quilting on the go so might need to dig something out to actually do - but it will be nice to get away and spend time with my sewing machine and like minded people. Sadly, the reason I'm going is because DH's Aunty Betty is in hospital and can't make it - I'm going with Deb - DH's cousin, Betty's daughter - Aunty Betty is waiting to see what they will do with her badly damaged knee ... there is talk of her losing her leg :(

I think thats all the dribble I have for now ... I need to stop procrastinating and go do the cricket work I'm supposed to be doing! I will take some pictures and write more interesting entries very very soon - I promise!

11 comments:

Velda said...

I'm glad nearly everything worked out for dh's job! That must have been a rough time ((Hugs)) Enjoy painting, I just painted OUR entire house, it was a job but I LOVE the result!

Kathryn in NZ said...

Thanks for the update - what a year! Well done all of you for hanging in there. You're stronger than you think. Vibes for Aunty Betty, have a great retreat and all the best to your DDs for their gym comps. Our gym club is imploding I think, oh well.
Take care, thinking of you!

Margaret said...

Wow. That must have been so stressful with the job. I'm glad all worked out in the end.

Have fun painting. We're still dithering about colors here.

Can't wait to see what you've been stitching.

Anonymous said...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} It sounds like you have had a tough year! Things can only get better! I am really sorry about the loss of your little one {{HUGS}} Enjoy your quilting retreat, sounds like it will be a lovely break anyway :)

Kiwi Jo said...

Oh Lisa, what a stressful time for you. I'm so sorry to hear of your miscarriage ((Hugs)). Hope you enjoy your quilting retreat!

Unknown said...

I have been thinking of you Lisa and wondering how things are. I haven't even had a mo to ring you. Glad to hear stamping party went well, I will get around to coming to a party, just wait a coule of weeks and have things sorted here.

ANd yes, you are stronger than you think you are, you dont forget things, but they do get easier. I hope that D is enjoying the 'new' job, think it suxs about the pay and all.

Will catch up real soon.... ned to talk to yo anyway, but will be working full time at least till the end of May at this stage. Boss will sort new hours next week apparently.

Faith Ann said...

{{{hugs}}} It seems you've been on quite the roller coaster this year.

Good luck with your Stampin' up venture!!

I hope you had a good time at the quilting retreat and that your husband's aunt is doing much better now.

Jenny said...

Wow, that does sound emotionally draining. I'm glad things are moving back in the right direction though and will look forward to seeing some stitching pictures sometime soon. :)

my4blessings said...

You have had quite the year so far, dear friend. I am glad that things worked out for your dh as far as the job was concerned. I am so excited that you are starting SU! I am so hopelessly addicted.

Anonymous said...

Come back.... we miss you :) *hugs*

Carla said...

Miss you!!!! Hope the reason you have not been posting is that Stampin Up really took off and you are very busy.