Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Shhhhh ... do you hear that?

It's 4.21pm, after school, and it's QUIET!

One gone to the gym.
One at Ski Camp.
One playing playstation.
Two gone off to visit my niece's new house (just about across the road).

I need to enjoy it while it lasts!

Firstly - a big congratulations to Rhiannon - she won her gym competition on Sunday! She has worked so hard the last few weeks with that goal firm in her mind, so I'm VERY proud of her. Not to mention, proving a wee point to a certain set of parents who happened to mention to the coaches a while back that Rhiannon (and another girl) would NEVER be as good as her darling daughter - even if they had 50hrs extra training a week. Nothing like letting the sport do the talking. I do feel VERY sorry for the little girl though - so much pressure, and she really is a lovely little thing - her and Rhiannon get on really well.


... and a quick update - one little house stitched yesterday on Sampler Gameboard (the top right-hand - or left? - the little red one) and where I'm up to on Stargazer after last night.

5 comments:

Little Miss Flossy said...

Way to go, Rhiannon! That's a fantastic achievement. We had a similar experience recently with Jonathan and his ICAS results...isn't it great when you don't even need to say a word LOL.

Hope you enjoyed the quiet and got lots of stitching done.

Anonymous said...

Ah peace and quiet...a rarity around here. LOL Congratulation Rhiannon. That's terrific! And beautiful pieces. I love the colors in Star Gazer.

Katrina said...

Hi Lisa, when I read the other day you were going work on sampler game board, I though oh no, she's going to tempt me with this - and I was right! only there's no room to fit it into the stitching schedule at the moment, lol.

well done to Rhiannon too, good on her! enjoy the rest of your week.

Von said...

Silence can be a little disconcerting when the norm is kids in and out, laughing and arguing and playing around! Nice when it happens tho. :D

Congrats to Rhiannon!! She's been working very hard.

Nice to see some stitching progress too. I know how hard it is to fit stitching time into everything else you do. :D

Margaret said...

Yay Rhiannon!!!!!

And look at you zooming along on Gameboard. I wish I could find the box mine is in!