Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Sunflowers and Sun

I started stitching The Drawn Thread's Sunflower Sampler on Friday ... after I'd finished Setting Sail. It is stitched on 32ct Ivory Lugana ... I'm actually planning on selling it on ebay, so I'm going to leave the charms off and use them when I stitch it for myself, one day :)

Here is a progress picture -



Today is Tuesday though ... which means Celtic Lady SAL day for me! I've been itching to pick this up again all week. DH is away tonight, so once the kiddoes are all asleep in bed I'll have a few hours lovely quiet to stitch as long as I like ... not that DH is noisy or stops me, but there is something nice about being alone and doing what I want ;)

and SUN! Wow! as Kath said in her blog ... we have had gorgeous weather for the last couple of weeks ... in fact I could have taken the same picture as she did on Sunday afternoon - we took the girls down to the estuary and then walked along to where Kath took her photo - they loved the sand and sea ... it always seems a new adventure at the beginning of summer, Charlotte especially loves the freedom of being able to run, get mucky, get wet and just "be" down at the beach. If this beginning of Spring is anything to go by we are going to have one gorgeous, long, hot summer :)

I've started getting up at 6.00am and going for my walk then (well, started - I've done TWO days LOL) ... it is lovely then too - just light and nice crisp air :) ... it also feels good to have it done with at the beginning of the day and knowing I've got the rest of the day to work or whatever.

Otherwise, not a whole lot else to report ... I need to get off this particular chair and go sit in my stitching chair. I might take the kids down for a quick walk along the beach later :) Well, the girls anyway - those boys have got to that horrible age where the beach is boooorrrrring ... more fool them!

No comments: