Wednesday, November 02, 2005

No stitching room aka organised mess!

Okay, I've been browsing through various blogs showing off their stitching rooms ... can you say "seriously jealous"??? ... I would LOVE a craft room, all of my own, sad fact is - we have five children in a four bedroom house and it will be a LONG time before that changes. Having said that - be assured, I DO know how lucky I am - I know there are women out there who would easily give up their stitching havens if it meant having a child, I DO know we are very blessed with the healthy, happy five we have ... and the roof over our heads.

Anyway - I organised my magazines this morning, and got carried away and went through a few other things too ... so thought I'd take some photos of my various little "hideaways" throughout the house :)

Link to non-stitching room album

and I've got to say ... all the quilting magazines, all the quilting fabric etc? I haven't actually done a lot of quilting - I'm working towards it and really truly plan to do more as time lets me - but I'm embarrassed at the amount of quilting "stash" I have, when I hardly ever use it!

Also in defence of the mess in our front lounge - it is also an extra TV room for the kids (or us), it's my office for all the work I do from home, has the computer, as well as a lot of my sewing things :)

... and now I've wasted most of the afternoon doing all of that, I'll go stitch for about half an hour before the after school rush starts. I am taking Cameron into Wellington for an Artsplash concert - a combined schools concert, he is in the choir. I'm hoping DH is going to be home in time to take care of the other kids - otherwise I've got to get hold of my sister in the next half hour or so and make sure she can - big son who would usually do it got his cricket practice changed to today at the last minute!

3 comments:

Faith Ann said...

All of the ornaments you finished recently are BEAUTIFUL!!! You did a fantastic job finishing them up!

I know what you mean about having all of your craft stuff organized, even if it's scattered throughout the house. Mine was that way for years until we moved. I think you've done very well to keep things organized in dressers and desks the way you have...you've got a *lot* of stash!

Erin said...

I keep "re-organizing" my stash...as a result, NOTHING is organized.... *sigh* And it doesn't help that I have 2 or 3 very different hobby interests!! If I could just get DH to see the value of putting a counter & some old cupboards in our semi-finished basement for me.... hehehe

Unknown said...

I was so excited when we moved into this house 4 years ago because it had 4 bedrooms and I was finally going to have a room of my own for my sewing machine and hobbies... the very night we moved in I found out I was pregnant! My dreams of a sewing room were very short lived. LOL I'm so jealous of other's stash spaces too. (popped in through Stitching Boggers random link)